Project Manager - Social Impact
Automation looms large over many industries and threatens to make millions of jobs obsolete. Unlike the steel or automotive industries, the ready-made garment industry is just beginning to incorporate robots onto factory floors. In these instances, there is still time to help workers learn new skills and transition to other work.
We seek a project manager interested in positive social impact and female empowerment to join our team at a part-time basis and help us explore this issue. We expect this contract to be about 50-60 hours per month.
Day-to-day, the Project Manager will:
- Compile and summarizing research findings and grant progress reports
- Manage project team calendar and development sprints
- Increase bandwidth of project team leading up to important milestones
- Ensure coordination with project partners
The ideal candidate:
- Has an undergraduate degree and work experience in managing projects with many stakeholders
- Has familiarity or a strong interest in technology, sustainability, digital literacy, and/or the garment industry
- Enjoys setting up systems and processes for teams
- Can point to demonstrated success in high-paced environments and keeping teams on time and on budget
- Wields superb written and verbal communication skills
- Seeks clarity and opportunities to proactively communicate questions and needs
- Based in NYC is a plus, but not necessary
Shimmy Technologies, Inc. is an early-stage company helping the apparel industry prepare for a mass custom future with design automation tools and artificial intelligence. Visit: shimmypro.com for more information.
We believe in accountability, curiosity, empathy, active listening, mature directness, impeccable design, continuous improvement, fun, and above all else, making our customers lives easier.
We work out of New Lab, an 84,000 sq foot converted ship-building factory in the Brooklyn Navy Yard alongside companies working in robotics, AI, digital fabrication, and wearable technology. It’s an inspiring space filled with inspiring people.
We offer a competitive hourly rate based on experience. We STRONGLY encourage women and minorities to apply.
Interested candidates can apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Project Manager” in the title. Thank you and best of luck in your job search.