Product Manager, Technical Apparel
Our ideal candidate for this position has spent some time working in technical design and/or IT for apparel brands and is passionate about technology’s role in the next generation of workflows for apparel design, construction, and manufacturing.
This individual is a systems thinker who can articulate workflows, gather research to support product direction, and keep development teams on point and on budget. This person is brimming with empathy for the customer and will represent their voice to our team.
Shimmy’s Product Manager for Technical Design will report to the Head of Product. We treat PMs as the CEOs of their product lines and this role will enjoy latitude to be creative, experiment with emerging technology, develop POCs to gauge success quickly, and use ethnography to more deeply understand customer needs.
Day-to-day, the Product Manager:
· Tracks industry trends related to technical apparel design and manufacturing
· Manages test builds and pilot customer relationships
· Oversees requirement documents
· Manages development resources
· Creates product positioning, pricing structure, and go to market strategy
· Evangelizes the product vision at industry events, in the media, and with customers
The ideal candidate:
· Has a degree and work experience in technical apparel design
· Has familiarity with technology and an understanding of product management
· Is intellectually curious and uses data to determine the right path forward
· Is equally comfortable participating in polished meetings with executives and in development sprints with creative technologists
· Demonstrated success in high-paced environments
· Superb written and verbal communication skills and conducts themselves with professionalism at all times
Shimmy Technologies, Inc. is an early-stage company that offers a namesake measurement automation and visualization Platform as a Service (PaaS) that uses predictive analytics, artificial intelligence (AI) to accelerate conventional technical design workflows now and make customization of apparel a near-term reality.
Shimmy is a spin-off of Unreasonable Women, a design company focused on better product and service design for women and girls. Unreasonable Women was honored with a Fast Company Innovation by Design Award in 2016 and has been featured in Cosmo, Refinery 29, the Economist, Fortune, and Shape for sister projects to Shimmy.
We believe in honesty, curiosity, empathy, active listening, mature directness, impeccable design, continuous improvement, and above all else, making our customers lives easier. We laugh a lot and generally like each others’ company.
We work out of New Lab, an 84,000 sq foot converted ship-building factory in the Brooklyn Navy Yard alongside companies working in robotics, AI, digital fabrication, and wearable technology. It’s an inspiring space filled with inspiring people.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits, professional development opportunities, and vacation package. We STRONGLY encourage women and minorities to apply.
Interested candidates can apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and best of luck in your job search