Head of Product
Head of Product
Our ideal Head of Product is one of those people who is always thinking about how to make systems better, be it the workflows behind the counter at the café where they get their morning coffee, to the way healthcare systems work, to strategies on shaving five seconds off their commute.
At work, this is a person who knows how to build for resilience without over-engineering, thinks about how systems architecture will scale over time, worries about data privacy and security, and has a plan b and c tucked away, just in case.
Shimmy’s Head of Product reports to our CEO and will manage two small product teams focused on different features in our platform. The Head of Product’s primary role will be creating the architecture for the platform where those features will live.
Day-to-day, the Head of Product:
· Creates systems architecture and identifies partner solutions needed to execute.
· Acts as the steward of the product roadmap and tracks product team progress towards milestones.
· Translates product requirements and customer insights to ensure that systems will be securely integrated with current applications.
· Helps product managers overcome obstacles and stay on track.
The ideal candidate:
· Has a deep understanding of system development in cloud environments, including experience working on Software as Service (SaaS), Platform as Service (PaaS), or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
· Has a master's degree in area of specialty and 6-8 years of experience in a product management, systems architecture, and/or cloud engineering role.
· A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
· Some knowledge of apparel design or manufacturing is helpful, but not needed.
Shimmy Technologies, Inc. is an early-stage company that offers a namesake measurement automation and visualization Platform as a Service (PaaS) that uses predictive analytics, artificial intelligence (AI), and augmented reality (AR) to accelerate conventional technical design workflows now and make customization of apparel a near-term reality.
Shimmy is a spin-off of Unreasonable Women, a design company focused on better product and service design for women and girls. Unreasonable Women was honored with a Fast Company Innovation by Design Award in 2016 and has been featured in Cosmo, Refinery 29, the Economist, Fortune, and Shape for sister projects to Shimmy.
We believe in honesty, curiosity, empathy, active listening, mature directness, impeccable design, continuous improvement, and making our customers lives easier. We laugh a lot and generally like each others’ company.
We work out of New Lab, an 84,000 sq foot converted ship-building factory in the Brooklyn Navy Yard alongside companies working in robotics, AI, digital fabrication, and wearable technology. It’s an inspiring space filled with inspiring people.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits, and vacation package and STRONGLY encourage women and minorities to apply.